NATE Celebrates 15 Years of Certifying Excellence
NATE was created by the HVAC/R industry and has thrived over the past 15 years as a result of ongoing support from all areas of the industry. For example:
· Manufacturers and distributors support NATE certification because it encourages proper installation and service of equipment by knowledgeable technicians.
· Contractors support NATE because certified technicians have the knowledge to do the job right the first time and certification offers a valuable point-of-differentiation to customers.
· Technicians support NATE because certification allows them to showcase their skills and expertise to their employers and customers.
· Educators and trainers support NATE certification because they benefit from a uniform standard of knowledge that allows them to better prepare the technician workforce of tomorrow.
· Utilities support NATE certification because properly trained and tested technicians can assure the correct installation and servicing of sophisticated HVAC/R equipment that saves energy and money when operating at peak efficiency.
· Consumers support NATE certification because third-party accreditation assures them that a knowledgeable, well-trained and highly experienced technician will install and service their home heating or cooling system.
As an ever-increasing number of industry professionals recognize the value of NATE certification, the number of certified technicians is reaching new heights. Today, nearly 30,000 technicians hold an active NATE certification, with 20 percent of these technicians holding multiple certifications.
“Over the past 15 years, NATE has been committed to elevating the industry by certifying technician excellence,” stated Don Frendberg, Chairman of the NATE Board of Trustees. “NATE is the only certification organization developed and supported by the entire HVAC/R industry, and our ongoing efforts will ensure continual quality service and installation.”
An integral part of elevating the industry by certifying technician excellence, NATE achieved a milestone in its development in December, 2011 – being accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Based on the 17024 requirements and a review of all NATE practices and processes, NATE implemented a wide range of updates and enhancements to strengthen its processes and ensure that the integrity of NATE certification is upheld at all levels. On December 13, 2011, the ANSI Personnel Certification Accreditation Committee (PCAC) reviewed NATE’s assessment report and granted NATE ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 accreditation as a qualified Certification Body.
To purchase discounted NATE merchandise in honor of the 15th anniversary, visit the NATE Store. NATE is offering 15 percent off all items, including apparel, hats, chevrons, patches, decals and accessories through December 31, 2012, with promo code “15ANN.”
For more information about NATE, visit www.natex.org.
About North American Technician Excellence (NATE)
Headquartered in Arlington, Va., NATE was founded in 1997 as the nation’s largest industry-endorsed, non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians. NATE tests technicians while others train. Testing validates the technician’s knowledge and a training program’s instruction. NATE-approved testing organizations throughout the U.S. and Canada offer NATE tests. Candidates can earn installation and/or service certification in nine specialty areas: air-conditioning, air distribution, heat pumps, gas heating, oil heating, hydronic gas, hydronic oil, and commercial, light commercial refrigeration and senior efficiency analyst. NATE also offers the International Ground Source Heat Pump test. For more information about NATE, visit www.natex.org.