This thread has been bookmarked. Visit your bookmarked threads to review.
Post a Reply to this Thread
Air Conditioner Maintenance Instructions (1 Post)
Air Conditioner Maintenance InstructionsHello Friends,
1. Inspect and maintain the air conditioner filter. Clean the filter if it is dirty by vacuuming it, washing it with soap and warm water, and then letting it dry thoroughly. You should clean the filter monthly during the seasons when the unit is in regular use. Replace the filter with a new one if it is damaged.
2. Clean the air conditioner's coils and fins to optimize the flow of air and absorption of heat. Consumer Reports suggests vacuuming the coils and fins with a brush attachment. Remove the cover of the air conditioner and use compressed air in a can to remove dirt hidden in the hard-to-reach spots.
3. Check the seal around the air conditioner after installing it. Make sure the seal touches both the unit and the window frame. A seal that is damaged or not intact will cause cool air to escape, and prevent the unit from being as effective as could be, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
4. Cover or uninstall your window air conditioner after the cooling season. If you choose to uninstall the unit, make sure you store it in a dry place.
5. Vent the portable air conditioning unit through a window, drop ceiling or wall, using a venting kit. Such kits usually come with these units. You must vent the hot air in the room before using the unit to cool the space.
6. Drain water that has condensed from the air. In cooling a space, air conditioners remove water from the air. To maximize cooling efficiency, you should empty the water from the unit regularly. While some portable units have built-in drains where the water is evaporated, you may have to drain the water manually for less advanced units. Refer to the product manual for specifics on how to drain the particular model you have.
7. Replace or clean filters every two weeks or monthly, depending on how often you use the unit and according to what the manufacturer prescribes.
8. Store the portable air conditioner when the cooling season is over. To properly store it, you must turn the unit off, unplug it and drain the water. Dry out the inside of the unit by turning on "fan mode." After cleaning the filter, place the unit back in its box and store it in a dry place.
9. Clear the area around the outdoor components of the central air conditioning system of debris, and make sure foliage is a minimum of two feet away from the unit. Foliage or debris that is obstructing the unit will prevent it from functioning properly.
10. Hire a professional to perform routine maintenance. This usually includes changing or replacing all the filters; cleaning and flushing the coils and drainage system; vacuuming the blower, and inspecting the refrigerant.
11. Seal and insulate all ducts. Neglecting to insulate ducts can result in a loss of up to 40 percent of energy.
12. Cover the outdoor component to protect it from the elements and debris when the central air conditioning is not in use.
Thanks and Regards
http://www.arconacinc.comThis post was edited by an admin on December 6, 2012 1:57 AM.