The Wall
Forum / THE MAIN WALL / Steam Orifices
  • Post a Reply to this Thread

    Steam Orifices (4 Posts)

  • Prisco Prisco @ 5:18 PM
    Contact this user

    Steam Orifices


    I have a job where they are converting a church BACK to a vapor steam system. The engineer is asking for orifice plates for each radiator. Are these commercially available anywhere or must they be fabricated out of sheet metal.

  • JUGNE JUGNE @ 8:28 PM
    Contact this user

    Check over on the steam side of the wall--oriffices

    You could look at the thread called "1930's VECO vapor system..." and ask what chart is used for orifice sizing??  Thanks...actually impressed that an engineer would take the simple approach.
    This post was edited by an admin on September 24, 2013 8:30 PM.
  • Jamie Hall Jamie Hall @ 8:57 PM
    Contact this user

    The very short answer is yes

    as I recall Tunstall...

    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

    Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-McClain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • Rod Rod @ 9:34 AM
    Contact this user


    As Jamie mentioned, Tunstall are the people you want to contact about orifices. They have orifice plates and will help you select the right sizes. Good people to work with.
    Here's their contact info:
    Tunstall Corporation
    118 Exchange Street
    Chicopee, MA 01013
    Toll Free: (800) 423-5578
    Phone: (413) 594-8695
    Fax: (413) 598-8109
    This post was edited by an admin on September 25, 2013 9:38 AM.
Post a Reply to this Thread