The Wall
Forum / Controls / HoneyWell 8043G Zone Valve Question
  • Post a Reply to this Thread

    HoneyWell 8043G Zone Valve Question (5 Posts)

  • Junkbox Junkbox @ 8:57 AM
    Contact this user

    HoneyWell 8043G Zone Valve Question

    Can I use the 2 red wires on the zone valve ( END SWITCH) as the switch that sends 120 volts to a circulating pump?
  • SWEI SWEI @ 9:25 AM
    Contact this user

    Rated for it

    End Switch Rating: 50 VA pilot duty @ 24 V; 4.4 A running with 26.4 A inrush @ 120 V

    Edit: didn't think about the code issues mentioned below.
    This post was edited by an admin on October 6, 2013 1:00 AM.
  • RJ RJ @ 2:51 PM
    Contact this user


    Use a honeywell R845A 1030 relay package
  • hot rod hot rod @ 10:43 PM
    Contact this user

    via a relay only

    you would not want to put line voltage on the bare, exposed terminal strip connections. The space under the cover is not properly separated to mix low voltage and line voltage, if you tried to wire directly into the ZV.

    A relay box is the correct and safe way to relay the voltage. Honeywell, Taco, Argo are a few common brands.
  • tangled in wires tangled in wires @ 5:33 PM
    Contact this user

    bring it to the aquastat if you have the room

    run it to the aquastat or use a relay of some sort.
Post a Reply to this Thread