The Wall
Forum / Codes and Standards / Flue Gas Analysis Credentials
  • Post a Reply to this Thread

    Flue Gas Analysis Credentials (3 Posts)

  • karlm karlm @ 11:00 AM
    Contact this user

    Flue Gas Analysis Credentials

    Does anyone know if you can simply buy a combustion analyzer kit and perform the test in-house or do you have to be specifically licensed to perform this analysis? I have several licensed boiler mechanics on staff, but was told today that you needed a special credential to be able to perform this task.
  • JStar JStar @ 8:50 PM
    Contact this user


    It SHOULD be a required license. Combustion analyzers can save lives when used properly, or destroy them when not.

    I bought my analyzers without any specific license.
    - Joe Starosielec

    Guaranteed performance. Guaranteed energy savings.

    Serving all of NJ, NYC, Southern NY State, and eastern PA.
    Consultation anywhere.
    (Formerly "ecuacool")
  • Tim McElwain Tim McElwain @ 6:47 PM
    Contact this user


    I would suggest getting yourself and your techs trained on the proper procedures for testing equipment. I have a three day seminar that I teach called "Testing Design Gas Equipment", contact me at 401-437-0557 or for e-mail.
Post a Reply to this Thread