This thread has been bookmarked. Visit your bookmarked threads to review.
Post a Reply to this Thread
Rehau (5 Posts)
RehauAnyone use Rehau radiant pex tubing? What type of fittings and is there a special tool?
RehauRehau has their own proprietary fittings but I also have a bulletin from them approving the use of crimp rings with their tubing. I'm not certain as to whether the information in that bulletin has changed.It's all in the details.
RehauThanks, do you have a copy of that bulletin?
Hope this helps.Not as old as I thought.It's all in the details.
PEX-Ais compatible with all PEX connector systems.
PEX-B is not compatible with expansion systems (F1960, F2080)
- ASTM F876 Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
- ASTM F877 Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Plastic
Hot- and Cold-Water Distribution Systems
- ASTM F1281 Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene/Aluminum/Crosslinked
Polyethylene (PEX-AL-PEX) Pressure Pipe
- ASTM F1807 Standard Specification for Metal Insert Fittings Utilizing a Copper Crimp Ring
for SDR9 Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
- ASTM F1960 Standard Specification for Cold Expansion Fittings with PEX Reinforcing
Rings for Use with Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
- ASTM F2023 Standard Test Method for Evaluating the Oxidative Resistance of
Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing and Systems to Hot Chlorinated Water.
- ASTM F2080 Standard Specification for Cold-Expansion Fittings with Metal Compression-Sleeves
for Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Pipe
- ASTM F2098 Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Clamps for Securing
SDR9 Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing to Metal Insert Fitting