Dan Holohan's Seminars
Dan, your training seminar was the most entertaining and valuable class my contractors and employees have experienced! The fact that after a small tuition cost per attendee, and some vendor participation, the class cost my store absolutely nothing! Talk about a win-win!
1. Zero impact to my expense line.
2. My employees and customers get a chance to learn from a world class hydronics expert.3. My suppliers who supported the event get a chance to meet 100 contractors who care about product knowledge.
4. I get a chance to address a large audience of customers who are like minded.
5. My sales will grow with customer loyalty – knowing we are the “go-to” for hydronics
6. My customers will sell more with increased knowledge."
I could go on and on. We planned the event 3 months in advance with low-cost “constant contact” marketing, and the overwhelming positive response filled the
class quickly. You are engaging, funny and obviously love what you do! Thanks again for your time and effort!
Profit Center Manager
Weinstein Supply – Division of Hajoca Corp.
Allentown, PA 18101
Dan Holohan does just 15 seminars each year. To see if he's available to fascinate your group with one of these four topics, please call us at 1-800-853-8882, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Classic Hydronics In this all-technical three-hour seminar, Dan Holohan will give you a Liberal Arts education in those Classic Hydronics systems. He’ll have you seeing inside the pipes as he gives you a better understanding of how things work, what goes wrong with them, and why. He’ll share with you the secrets he’s picked up from the Old-Timers and he’ll make you a better troubleshooter.
We'll look closely at:
- The critical importance of pressure differential
- Gravity hot water heating
- One-pipe loops
- One-pipe primary-secondary systems
- Diverter tees
- Two-pipe direct- and reverse-return
- Two-pipe primary-secondary
- Multiple boiler systems
- Two-temperature systems
- Air problems and their solutions (once and for all)
- Classic radiant
- And more!
Dead Men's Steam School
This all-technical, three-hour seminar will make you familiar with the many types of old steam heating systems and what goes wrong with them. Dan Holohan’s easy-to-follow explanations will have you seeing inside these old systems. You’ll be a much better troubleshooter after this one. If you have to deal with America’s older steam systems, you’re going to love this course.
We'll look closely at:
- Steam heating loads
- Steam radiation of all kinds
- Boiler ratings
- Proper near-boiler piping
- The importance of water quality
- All sorts of system piping
- The value of pipe insulation
- Pressure-reducing valves
- Steam-to-water heat exchangers
- Balancing systems with properly sized air vents
- Curing water hammer once and for all
- Getting the water back into the boiler
- Pressure settings
- Steam traps
- You'll leave this class with a solid overview of steam heating as it applies to older buildings of all sizes.
The World of Green Heating
In this three-hour, technical travelogue, Dan Holohan will take you on a fascinating tour of the heating systems he’s visited around the world. He’ll explain the thinking that goes into the design of these systems, and talk about what may be coming to the U.S.
We'll look closely at:
- How (and why) the German D.I.N. standard forces Europe to be greener than we are in the U.S.
- How one old technology can (and does!) dramatically reduce cooling loads.
- How the Swedes and the French use the body heat from their train stations to heat apartment complexes
- The power of the Chimney Sweep
- Energy Performance Certificates- What they are and why they are slowing coming to America
- Why Europeans put the pipes inside the rooms rather than within the walls
- The enormous ISH Frankfurt show and how economies of scale affect markets
- Micro-CHP units are changing the way the world heats homes and makes electricity
- Modular hydronic components and square pipes!
- Ground-source heat pumps and geothermal - both growing like crazy around the world.
- How to use a simple throwaway device to charge each tenant individually for the heat used in every room
- The radiator as an art form, and what it says about marketing hydronics, and the buying public
- Windows as sources of heat
- Why burning wood is carbon-neutral, and becoming so popular around the world.
- Radiant heating techniques in European "tract" housing
- Why you need your room key to make anything work in a Danish hotel room (and why the escalators don't start until you step on them)
- District hot-water heating systems, and how they're changing the world
- District hot-water systems tied to solar - and geothermal sources (coming to America!)
- Passive House (Imagine a house with no heating system)
- How Europeans (and Americans) are storing solar heat underground during the summer for use in the winter
- And more!
Marketing by Example
What works and what doesn't work, and do you really have to reinvent the wheel to be a successful marketer of your product or services? In this fascinating, three-hour class, Dan Holohan will take you on a tour of what works, and he'll show you how you can make these successful models your own, with just a bit of tweaking.
Dan uses real-life examples of everyday businesses, some good and some not-so-good. His examples range far beyond the PHC industry, but they apply to every business. He'll show you how to think differently, and to become much more effective at telling your story, and closing those sales. Here are just some of the things you'll explore:
- Once upon a time, there was a little oil-burner manufacturer that took on the entire coal industry, and won. They did this by focusing on intangibles.
- How a person's eye movements can tell you what sort of words you need to use to convince her that she should be doing business with you.
- Once a year, you must have a meeting with yourself where you ask and answer the three most-important questions you can possibly ask yourself.
- First impressions involve more than just the way you appear, and that impression can make or break you.
- Last impressions can do the same. More great examples!
- Why is it so hard to sell new products? Because you have to be nine times better than the current offering. Learn why, and how to get that way.
- Graphics matter, especially these days. (Lots of dos and don’ts here)
- How to package your company so that it becomes irresistible.
- If you can’t sell in America, you’re simply not paying attention (and here’s why).
- Price is not an object. And Dan will prove it.
- How to find romance in the ordinary, and then use it to build excitement around your company.
- How to find your niche. It's much simpler than you may think!
- What are the four points you must make in every ad?
- Why good newsletters work, and the elements of what goes into a really successful one.
- How to think in a new way, and see opportunities that others miss.
- How to see, hear, and feel the world as your customer does, and then use this knowledge to build rapport.
- How to zig when the others are all zagging.