Security Seal Facebook Twitter GooglePlus Pinterest Newsletter Sign-up
Sign-up for our newsletter!

NewsroomSubscribe to RSS feed

Your source for breaking news in the heating industry.
« 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 63 »

Boiler Room Fire Ravages West Babylon, New York Elementary School

WEST BABYLON, N.Y. (AP/ 1010 WINS)  -- An overnight fire ravaged a Long Island elementary school. West Babylon Fire Chief Jim Campbell said Friday it appeared the fire started in the boiler room at South Bay Elementary School. He said two of the school's three wings were destroyed. (more) Read More

Lennox Must Face Class Suit Over Gas Fireplaces, Judge Rules

Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Lennox International Inc., the maker of heating and cooling equipment, will have to defend against claims by more than 500,000 consumers throughout the U.S. that its gas-burning fireplaces are dangerous. (more) Read More

Doncaster couple killed by carbon monoxide cooker fumes

An elderly couple from Doncaster died after being poisoned by carbon monoxide fumes from their gas cooker, an inquest in the town has heard.Boris Green, 78, and his 80-year-old wife Vilma died at their home in Acacia Road in November 2008. The inquest heard their cooker had been emitting high levels of carbon monoxide as they prepared their dinner because the grill door was closed. A coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death at Friday's inquest. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/south_yorkshire/8525461.stm Read More

Grundfos Lifelink Signs with Red Cross

Grundfos LIFELINK, which delivers sustainable water systems to rural communities in developing countries, has achieved its breakthrough. A recently signed contract with Red Cross in Kenya (Kenya Red Cross Society, KRCS) enables Grundfos LIFELINK in Kenya, together with KRCS, to deliver safe drinking water to 150,000 people over the next five years. (more) Read More

11 Sick In Portsmouth, N.H. Hotel CO Scare

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (AP) ―A faulty vent in a hotel's basement boiler room leaked enough toxic gas on Monday to sicken 11 people, including nine guests hanging out near the pool, leading to an evacuation. (more) Read More

New Study Shows Space Heaters Responsible for 80% of Home Heating Deaths

While only 32 percent of home heating fires involve space heaters, they are involved in 79 percent of home heating fire death, according to a report by the National Fire Protection Association. (more) Read More

Bursting Pipes Lead to a Legal Battle

State and local governments across the country may have to replace their water systems because of defective pipes, according to a whistle-blower lawsuit unsealed this week. (more) Read More

Heating guys go up the hill

Whew! Check out this story. Read More

US Senate considers legislation for 10m solar roofs

A US Senator has introduced legislation to incent more than 10 million solar electric and solar thermal systems over the next decade. (more) Read More

Cold keeps Minn. wind turbines from spinning

Wind turbines placed in cities across Minnesota to generate power aren't working because of the cold temperatures. The Minnesota Municipal Power Association bought 11 turbines for $300,000 each from a company in Palm Springs, Calif. Special hydraulic fluid designed for colder temperatures was used in the turbines, but it's not working, so neither are the turbines. There is a plan to heat the fluid, but officials must find a contractor to do the work. (video) Read More
« 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 63 »