Security Seal Facebook Twitter GooglePlus Pinterest Newsletter Sign-up
Sign-up for our newsletter!

NewsroomSubscribe to RSS feed

Your source for breaking news in the heating industry.
« 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63 »

Oil spill fouls gamelands

LANCASTER, PENNSYLVANIA - A 550-gallon oil spill on a Clay Township property that fouled nearby tributaries in state gamelands Tuesday was likely caused by a faulty fuel line or a rusted tank, fire officials said.Two 275-gallon underground tanks at 1795 Kleinfeltersville Road, near Millstone Road, were filled Monday with heating oil, Durlach Mount Airy Fire Chief Don Moyer said.There was no indication of a problem until Tuesday, when hikers in separate parts of the nearby Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area reported a strong odor of oil to park officials, Moyer said. Pennsylvania Game Commission officials investigating the report were able to trace the problem to the Kleinfeltersville Road property, and fire crews were dispatched just before noon Tuesday, he said. (more) Read More

Edison law office explosion rocks neighborhood, destroys building

EDISON, New Jersey -- An Edison building that houses a law office exploded overnight due to a gas leak, rattling neighbors from their sleep and causing dozens to be evacuated near Route 27.  PSE&G workers were about 200 feet from the building, repairing the broken gas line, when the blast erupted at about 4:30 a.m., but no one was injured. (more) Read More

Olympic Village district heating system should be replicated across Canada, mayor says

As Mayor Gregor Robertson unveiled the False Creek Neighbourhood Energy Utility today (January 14), he declared its model should be replicated elsewhere. All levels of government contributed to what is being called Vancouver’s first renewable district heating system, which is recovering heat from untreated wastewater to power the Olympic Village.  (more) Read More

RST and Thermal Sales Merge to Create RST Thermal

Richard Trethewey and Dave Walsh have announced the merger of two rep firms to create a new entity dedicated to offering world class heating and cooling products in New England. (more) Read More

National Grid office earns platinum LEED rating

National Grid and Davis Marcus Partners announced that National Grid's new corporate center at Reservoir Woods in Waltham has earned Platinum-level LEED certification from the US Green Building Council for its state-of-the-art green design and construction. (more) Read More

Nursing home resident dies after contracting Legionnaires’ disease

KINGSTON, New York — One resident of the Golden Hill Health Care Center has died and another has recovered after the two contracted Legionnaires’ disease, the county’s public health director said Wednesday evening. (more) Read More

Ladies Lingerie to Fix Ice Dams!

Omaha, NE - No, it's not a fashion trend. Why pantyhose are showing up on Omaha roofs! It's one way to stop the threat of flooding now that all that snow is starting to melt. (more) Read More

Another Fatality Blamed On A Space Heater

MOBILE, Alabama - The cold weather we've been having in Mobile has led to a number of fires involving space heaters. Another deadly fire happened Monday afternoon on University Avenue. Eighty-year-old Gerald McDonald died after his clothes caught fire, apparently from a gas space heater in his bathroom. Now, more people are paying attention to the potential danger of space heaters. (more) Read More

House burns; officials urge space heater safety

Savannah, Georgia: Flames gutted much of a West 37th Street house's interior early Monday morning, marking the latest in a recent rash of fires apparently sparked by space heaters. (more) Read More

Information on the Boiler Scrapping Scheme (for our English friends)

Two good videos from Worcester, Bosch Group:Scheme explainedandHow to identify a G boilerandA word of caution to Pensioners Read More
« 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63 »