Security Seal Facebook Twitter GooglePlus Pinterest Newsletter Sign-up
Sign-up for our newsletter!

NewsroomSubscribe to RSS feed

Your source for breaking news in the heating industry.
« 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »

Last call for Classic Hydronics in Rhode Island!

One time only. Ya snooze, ya lose. Full details here. Read More

Smoke from home fuels tied to emphysema

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - People who burn wood or other "biofuels" for heat or cooking may have a heightened risk of emphysema and related lung conditions, a new study suggests. (more) Read More

Suit filed against Cleveland Electric Illuminating for all-electric home rate hikes

BAINBRIDGE Owners of all-electric homes are upset and moved to action against Cleveland Electric Illuminating Co. for pulling the plug on special rate discounts in place since the 1970s. Residents say their January heating bills spiked more than double over the previous year. Some received bills totaling $800 or more for one month of usage. State Sen. Tim Grendell filed a class action law suit Feb. 16 in Geauga County Common Pleas Court against the company on behalf of the residents. The lawsuit accuses CEI of breaking verbal contracts with homeowners promising an all-electric-home discount for as long as they owned their homes. (more) Read More

Burnham Holdings, Inc. Announces Year 2009 Financial Results

LANCASTER, Pa., Feb 25, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Burnham Holdings, Inc., (Pink Sheets: BURCA), a leading domestic manufacturer of boilers, and related HVAC products and accessories for residential, commercial and industrial applications, today reported its financial results for the year ended December 31, 2009. (more) Read More

Iowa Senate advances heating fuel denial legislation

DES MOINES — The Iowa Senate approved legislation Tuesday that would prohibit a fuel vendor from withholding or refusing sale of propane for home heating use to pre-paid customers under certain circumstances between Nov. 1 and April 1. Senate File 2235, which passed 34-16, is designed to minimize situations where rural customers are denied heating fuel during the winter months due to bad credit, said state Sen. Steve Sodders, D-State Center. State law currently protects natural gas and electric customers from service shut-offs between Nov. 1 and April 1, but propane customers currently have no such protection. “This addresses a very dangerous problem that we have here in Iowa,” Sodders said. (more) Read More

ITT and Mercy Corps Collaborate to Provide Safe Water and Sanitation to Earthquake Victims in Haiti

Morton Grove, Illinois, February 22, 2010 — ITT Corporation, parent of Bell & Gossett, Goulds Pumps and other brands serving the HVAC and plumbing industry, announced today that through its partnership with Mercy Corps, the company is donating five portable water treatment systems in Haiti, providing enough potable water each day for up to 200,000 victims of the January 12 earthquake. The units were donated by ITT and deployed through Mercy Corps' large-scale humanitarian aid response. This collaborative disaster response is part of a strategic partnership between ITT's corporate citizenship program, ITT Watermark®, and Mercy Corps. The partnership consists of an ongoing commitment to help provide safe water during emergencies. Immediately following the earthquake, ITT authorized Mercy Corps to tap up to $100,000 of ITT's 2010 Emergency Fund, established to provide fast funding to support an initial, on-the-ground assessment of short- and long-term needs after a disaster. The initial assessment ... Read More

New York Carbon Monoxide Detector law to take effect Monday, February 22

On February 22, 2010, "Amanda's Law" will take effect. The law requires carbon monoxide detectors in every 1-2 family property; apartments in a multiple dwelling; and all condominium and cooperative apartments where the dwelling unit has appliances, devices or systems that may emit carbon monoxide or has an attached garage. Real estate licensees must be aware of the new law and advise clients and customers of the same. (more) Read More

Boiler Room Fire Ravages West Babylon, New York Elementary School

WEST BABYLON, N.Y. (AP/ 1010 WINS)  -- An overnight fire ravaged a Long Island elementary school. West Babylon Fire Chief Jim Campbell said Friday it appeared the fire started in the boiler room at South Bay Elementary School. He said two of the school's three wings were destroyed. (more) Read More

Lennox Must Face Class Suit Over Gas Fireplaces, Judge Rules

Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Lennox International Inc., the maker of heating and cooling equipment, will have to defend against claims by more than 500,000 consumers throughout the U.S. that its gas-burning fireplaces are dangerous. (more) Read More

Doncaster couple killed by carbon monoxide cooker fumes

An elderly couple from Doncaster died after being poisoned by carbon monoxide fumes from their gas cooker, an inquest in the town has heard.Boris Green, 78, and his 80-year-old wife Vilma died at their home in Acacia Road in November 2008. The inquest heard their cooker had been emitting high levels of carbon monoxide as they prepared their dinner because the grill door was closed. A coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death at Friday's inquest. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/south_yorkshire/8525461.stm Read More
« 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »