Security Seal Facebook Twitter GooglePlus Pinterest Newsletter Sign-up
Sign-up for our newsletter!

Minneapolis nursing home blamed in resident's death from radiatorSubscribe to RSS feed

A Minneapolis nursing home has been found negligent for allowing a
resident with dementia to sustain severe burns on his legs and feet from
a radiator next to his bed. The resident at Redeemer Health and Rehab on Lake Street suffered
second- and third-degree burns. He was taken to a hospital emergency
room and died about four weeks later, the state Health Department said
Tuesday. State investigators ruled that Redeemer was negligent in the Jan. 2
incident because the resident was known to wedge his feet between the
bed and heater and because the radiator cover was known to come loose. (more)