Xylem Announces Bell & Gossett® Snap ZoneTM ValveSubscribe to RSS feed
Xylem Inc., a leading global water technology company focused on addressing the world’s most challenging water issues, announces the Bell & Gossett Snap Zone Valve. The Snap Zone Valve is a compact four-wire thermoelectrically operated on/off zone valve designed heating and cooling systems.
Featuring an innovative compact design and an adapter ring that allows for the actuators to be installed in any 360-degree position, the Snap Zone Valve can fit under baseboards or in other tight spaces. A push-button actuator facilitates one-handed installation and permits wiring in any direction. A visual indicator provides quick and easy recognition of which valves are energized and a replaceable plunger assembly allows for internal removal without removing the valve from the system.
Other features of the Snap Zone Valve include:
- Soft close technology suppresses water hammer
- Silent actuator operation
- 360-degree actuator installation
- One-handed actuator installation
- Valve in-pipe serviceable
- Suitable for 50/50 glycol mix and retrofit installations
- Solar heating application
- Union connections enhance quick installation
The Snap Zone Valve is made with a forged brass body that allows for high temperature and high-pressure applications.
Operating specifications of the Snap Zone Valve are:
- Operating temperature range for fluids of 32°F (0°C) – 212°F (100°C)
- Ambient temperature range of 32°F (0°C) – 122°F (50°C)
- Maximum operating pressure of 240 PSI
- Maximum differential close-off of 60 PSI
- Shutoff speed of 3 min.
- Opening speed of 3 min.
- Electrical rating of 24V 60Hz
- Power consumption of 1.8W